The Role Players Domain
Welcome to The Role Players Domain!

Sorry, but the site has gone on holiday, and will be back at a later hour.

If for any reasion you need to contact thd admin, e-mail here;
revengegirl@live.com
or
xsakuraharuno1993x@live.com

Thank you ^-^

Have a wonderful day~

Roleplay, Hang out, AND GO CRAZY

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What music inspires you?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 12:55 am

Forgive me, I seem to love chit-chatting at times. XD; Y'all don't mind, right? I like to know what's up!

Anyway! Most, if not all of us are artists here. Even writers are artists! What music inspires you to draw, write, color, paint, animate, or just groove? Any particular genres you love? Any you can't stand? Music talk is HERE!

Personally I can't find a genre I utterly HATE. I can say I have yet to find a Country song I've enjoyed....Sorry, Country fans! However I've gone from Hardcore Deathmetal to soft R&B, to Pop and Mainstream, to Techno/Trance and all over the place! Disney songs and VG music too!

I love music~ <3 So chatter away!
Back to top Go down
GirlyAlucard

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 12:58 am

hm.... I cant say Im much of a rap girl XD I enjoy a handful of rap. thazzit.
I enjoy upbeat songs like toybox, the bird and the bee, and the cardigans! But I also listen to violent and depressing music and love it to death~
1 shot 2 shot my eminem~ I listened to that on the way home today and mom wondered why I was looking angry-ish/evil.... Hurr.
Music affects me oddly~ 8D;;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/uentries.php?u=77903
Heroman

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 1:20 am

Metal gives me a good deal of inspiration for epic story lines. Especially bands like Manowar, Masterplan and Hammerfell. I'm also a sucker for love songs of just about any genre. It appeals to the romantic in me. As for genre's I don't care for, rap tends to irritate me because more often then not i find the subject matter to be morally wrong. Dance music is another one I just don't care about. It's usually nothing more than a downbeat and some lousy lyrics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 1:26 am

[quote="Heroman"]Metal gives me a good deal of inspiration for epic story lines. Especially bands like Manowar, Masterplan and Hammerfell. I'm also a sucker for love songs of just about any genre. It appeals to the romantic in me. As for genre's I don't care for, rap tends to irritate me because more often then not i find the subject matter to be morally wrong. Dance music is another one I just don't care about. It's usually nothing more than a downbeat and some lousy lyrics. [/quote]

If you want something meaningful in R&B/Hip Hop, check out Nujabes' "Think Different". It's literally the artist pointing out/attacking all the flaws of mainstream rap. And it's got some nice flow too, with a lovely piano sound in the BG but still paced well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 1:27 am

Arg, forgot. HTML DOESNT WORK HEREEEEE. XD Try to fix it soon guuuuuys!
Back to top Go down
MissyZero

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 8:28 am

I'm not a big fan of rap, but if a character calls for it, or if its just unique enough, I will give it a listen. I love movie soundtracks, rock (don't listen to that much metal, sadly), some country (GASP), Disney, music from around the woooooooorld (not just J-pop folks, there are other good songs out there), and just quirky ones I find all over the place.

It all depends on what I am writing what I will draw. I think I drew a Fawful thread to the scene in the Lion King where Mufasa dies before...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GirlyAlucard

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 12:18 pm

daang I listen to the most unfitting music sometimes <XD;; The blood practice entry on my doodle account was drawn while I was listening to 1000 miles by vanessa carlton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.unowen.net/tegaki/uentries.php?u=77903
Mina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 12:46 pm

lol. I'll listen to just about anything, I'll only TOLERATE country... :T but if you want a taste of my music, click my playlist link ^^
note: at times ill want some new music and poke aroune some people's tegaki accounts....
eh heh >w> *cough* imsuchastalker *cough* wut?

~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~
Me: So, let me get this straight. You came from my drawings...
MADimi: Yes.
Me: And your here to stop all the voodoo things from going wrong?
Me: Then where are my hot guys?
MADimi: Orochimaru got to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 4:23 pm

Oh man I've done that Girly. XD Drawn brutal pics to bumpy happy songs or happy to some sort of hardcore speedmetal. LOL

I occasionally browse and click on people's links too, but it takes a certain flow/beat to REALLY get me hooked on a song. Most others I can tolerate or like a little~.
Back to top Go down
Mina
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/7/2010, 5:28 pm

*cough* Istoleyourangelssong *cough* >w>;;

~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~__~
Me: So, let me get this straight. You came from my drawings...
Me: And your here to stop all the voodoo things from going wrong?
Me: Then where are my hot guys?
MADimi: Orochimaru got to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darknessdementiaraven

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/13/2010, 12:31 am

Gimme gothic metal (LOL i know you hate it bro) i just get so passionate when hearing it, the screaming just sounds so primal and angry. i try to avoid the satanic stuff (christian here lolz) but still there is somthing about it that makes it so cool. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ToothandFang

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   9/13/2010, 10:55 am

For me personally, I'll listen to anything as long as it sounds good XD My favorite key is D Minor, but if it has a good beat or sound or lyrics, I'm cool with it too!

I actually got inspired to make Grimsley while I was listening to 'Missing' by Evanescance awhile back, and Carmella from 'Camilla' from my Gothika album I downloaded only about a week ago. owo;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What music inspires you?   

Back to top Go down

What music inspires you?
Page 1 of 1